Quinoa Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms

Portobello mushrooms is a vegan's secret weapon to a meaty texture ingredient that can add to character and flavor to any dish. It is incredible versatile and healthy to boot! I like adding the baby bellas to stirfries and salads. The larger ones, I either stuff or marinate them and grill them for sandwiches or salads.


You never want to wash your mushrooms. They are like a sponge. Clean them instead by wiping them clean with a damp paper towel. 


This step is completely optional. I like to scrape the gills off of the mushrooms. Since I will be stuffing the mushrooms, this step allows me to add more stuffing to the mushrooms. This is easily done with a spoon.


Next I take a quinoa salad I made in a previous recipe and add a little spelt flour to tighten it up. This step is optional as well. 


Next I simply stuff!!!


I like to cook this in my air fryer. I start by putting the stuffed mushroom stuffing side down on some foil. Halfway through the cooking time, I flip it over and crisp up the top. You can add some vegan cheese (optional). Here, I garnished with some delicious cilantro.

QUINOA STUFFED PORTOBELLO STUFFED MUSHROOMS:
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
Total time: 25 min
Servings: 2

Ingredients:
  • 2 large portobello mushrooms
  • 2 cups of quinoa salad
  • 2 tbsp of spelt flour
Instructions
  1. Wipe portobello mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel. Do not clean the gills.
  2. Scrape the black gills off with a spoon (optional).
  3. Combine quinoa salad with the spelt flour and mix to combine.
  4. Place the stuffed mushrooms stuffing side down on a piece of foil. 
  5. Cook in air fryer on high for 10 minutes. 
  6. Flip mushrooms over and cook on high for another 10 minutes. You can add some vegan cheese in the last 2 minutes of cooking (optional). 
  7. If cooking in regular oven, cook at 400 for 20 minutes (stuffing side up).
  8. Top with cilantro or parsley and enjoy!
What do you think of this recipe? I'd love to hear your comments and questions!
Peace, love and abundance!

Comments

Post a Comment