One Pot Pressure Cooker Veggie Pasta

I absolutely love one pot meals. And, with the pressure cooker, its not only less clean-up, its made in literally less than half the time. With the pressure cooker, you no longer have to wait for the water to boil, boil the pasta, strain the pasta and cook the veggies separate when making a pasta dish. Everything is done in one pot in less than 10 minutes!


When making a fresh vegan pasta dish, use whatever is in season or whatever you have on hand. I like to cook with a lot of different colors, making sure I get a variety of vitamins and nutrients. I don't add oil to any of my dishes and this dish doesn't need it! 

 

With this recipe, I literally dump and stir. I add the sauce and any seasonings in along with the pasta and all of the veggies. I give everything a good mix.


I wait until everything is mixed to add the water. You want to add just enough water to barely cover the pasta. Remember, the pressure cooker keeps all of the moisture in and the veggies will give off some of its own juices too, so you don't want to go overboard on the water.

  

Pasta is ready in literally 10 minutes!! I love my pressure cooker and I'm always finding ways to use it in my recipes.


Once it's done cooking, give it a good stir and bon appetit!

ONE POT PRESSURE COOKER VEGGIE PASTA:
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min
Total time: 30 min
Servings: 4-6

Ingredients:
  • 1 box organic spelt pasta (use any kind you like)
  • 1 jar organic vegan pasta sauce
  • 1 zucchini chopped
  • 1 yellow squash chopped
  • 8 oz. button mushrooms sliced
  • 1/2 red bellow peppers sliced
  • 1/2 red onion diced
  • 1 cup cooked lentils
  • 1 tbsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp fresh cracked peppers
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp crushed red peppers
  • 1 tsp granulated garlic
Instructions
  1. Put all ingredients into pressure cooker and stir well to combine,
  2. Pour enough bottled water to just cover just the pasta (not all veggies).
  3. Cook under high pressure for 4 minutes with natural pressure release set at 5 minutes.
  4. Be careful not to burn yourself!
  5. Stir and serve! Enjoy.
I always love hearing your comments and questions.
What veggies and sauce did you use? Peace, love and abundance!

      

Comments

Popular Posts